Most PTO driven implements are supplied with a standard sized PTO shaft. As all tractors vary this often means cutting it down to size. Remember you must always replace worn or damaged PTO shafts.
See our simple guide to resizing below:
1. PTO length adjustment, first remove PTO shaft shielding.
2. Shorten the driveline tubes to proper equal lengths.
3. Tidy edges of the drive tube with a file and clean all fillings from the tubes.
4. Shorten the equally long guard tubes to the same length as the driveline tubes.
5. Grease the internal driveline tube.
6. Fit the guard on the shaft.
7. Make sure that the length of the driveline conforms to the maximum elongation conditions.
For full safety guidelines for choosing & using PTO shafts see www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/ais40.pdf